Under Eye Fillers
Many people, regardless of age, have shadows and depressions under the eyes that leave them feeling self-conscious and aged. This can be due to genetics and/or due to aging. Under-eye fillers are a safe and effective alternative to surgery. Dr. Navi Rattan is an experienced injector in tear trough fillers, having performed countless treatments. He is confident in his ability to achieve a beautifully full and balanced under-eye area.
Tear Trough & Dark Circles
The tear trough extends from the inner corner of the eye to the palpebromalar groove. A deep hollow in this area can create a shadow that exasperates the look of dark circles below the eye. It also creates a division between the lower eyelid and cheek, which can be an early sign of again around the eyes. Patients with deep tear troughs often feel they look tired or older than they actually are. While it is more common to experience deep tear troughs as you age, even younger patients can have a tear trough deformity.
Under-eye fillers are a great alternative to the invasive approach of surgery. Treatment with a filler such as Teosyal
can provide a patient with a long-lasting natural result, often greater than one year, with minimal downtime.
Teosyal is an ideal filler choice for the tear trough for many reasons. It unique consistency creates a natural rejuvenation in the tear trough. It is also long-lasting, often greater than a year. And finally, since it is a hyaluronic acid filler, it can be broken down with hyaluronidase injection, if necessary.
Important Things to Know!
1) Surprisingly, injections under the eyes are not painful. Patients are often anxious about their upcoming treatment, but are pleasantly surprised to find that there is virtually no discomfort.
2) Some minor swelling is expected after treatment. This is usually minor and resolves within a week. Some patients will also develop minor bruising that can usually be covered with makeup. Patients should avoid exercise for twenty-four hours after the procedure to minimize swelling. Otherwise, patients can resume work and normal activities. This typically resolves within a week. Patients are advised not to undergo treatment if they have an important event around the corner.
3) Most patients are pleased with the outcome of treatment, even if their results are subtle.
4) Most patients only require one syringe of Teosyal, but patients with very deep tear troughs may ultimately need multiple syringes.
5) As with all filler treatments, it is essential that patients avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, or any other medication/supplement that may promote bleeding.